On Wednesday, May 19th the Diocese of Southern Ohio issued new Covid guidelines. Vaccinated people are now permitted to go unmasked in church, and we are allowed to sing again! This is great news. But since we still have some unvaccinated people, mostly children, in our parish, we’ve decided to put our masks back on to sing, since singing spreads aerosols very easily. And we decided to covenant with each other around some key practices, so that we can make sure that we’re keeping everyone safe. Our covenant is below:
Saint Stephen’s Last Days of Covid Covenant
As a parish, we covenant to:
- Get the vaccine as soon as possible.
- Continue to wear masks in church if we’re unvaccinated.
- Put masks back on to sing.
- Join the online service from home if we’re experiencing symptoms of illness such as coughs, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, or chills.
- Wear a mask in church if we believe we’ve been exposed to anyone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of Covid-19.
- Follow any verbal instructions given by the worship leader during the service.